Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Age of AQUARIUS!

Happy Healthy YOU Year, my people! If you don't know, my bearthday was February 7th... "I'm the seventh seed to exit Umi's womb, when civil rights were wrongs/blacks and whites sang songs together..." and I'm feeling myself right now. Big tings a gwan and I'm glad to be busy, happy, rejuvenated and so ready for each and every one of them.


I had a party to celebrate "ME" on Thursday, 2/7/13 at Brooklyn Stable in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and it was DOPE! Da BeatMinerz were SPINNING TUNES!!!

And if you've ever been to any one of their weekly parties back in the day, (@ Opus, Joe's Pub, Sputnik or their annual free bearthday party at Sutra), then you know it was BANANAS! A few friends of mine came through to bless the Queen with their presence in spite of the blizzard warning popping up on everyone's cell phone earlier that day. My daughter, Tajh,  provided the cupcakes and brownies for my guests. I was told by everybody that her desserts were delicious! I drank excessively. I danced all night in 4 inch heels and never tripped or skipped a beat. (You know I don't do heels!) I thank all my people, DJs Mr. Walt and Evil Dee and Brooklyn Stable for making my bearthday party so special to me! If you're my friend on Facebook, you can check the pictures out! :)

My successful party was confirmation of my belief that if my intentions are good-hearted, I respect myself and others and support those I find worthy, I will receive, in return, the same sentiment, energy and blessings! My affirmations are equivalent to The Laws of Attraction... Universal Laws...


 I awakened with no headache or hangover and have been on a natural high since.


I have mad work to do including going back to dance class. I found my first African dance teacher and mentor on Facebook and she still holds free African dance classes in Harlem from 6pm to 8pm, Mondays and Wednesdays. (That class will become routine for a sister.) You may want to check it out: Reverend Nafisa Sharriff at West 144th St and 8th Avenue.

My baby girl is expecting her baby girl at the end of the month and my grandsun's bearthday is on February 28, so guess who's celebrating for the entire month? Cheeeah! New schedule as of February 8th consists of time-management, thought-provoking activity, scheduled but limited tell-lie-vision viewing, and exercising my mind, body and spirit by being in my kitchen cooking, dancing, reading books and meditating... Woooosah!


I'll be selling my all-natural body scrubs and butters this week and beginning some new media projects. Things are busy and I love the fact that my time without a 9-2-5 is being productively spent. If you're interested in my inventory, check out my store on etsy @ www.wemanifest.etsy.com. You'll find jewelry, accessories and body products for sale. A few more items can be found at www.WeManifestMarket.bigcartel.com.

QUESTIONS?
Is it me or is the radio playing the same lame music over and over again? Can I get a count of how many people would be down to discuss this issue? Why is scripted reality TV the rave? Let me know your thoughts because this whole media dumb down program is pissing me off and I've lost faith long ago in the very industry that keeps this crap going!  PEACE

No comments: